The cost of car insurance in Michigan per month may vary depending on the type of coverage, the make and model of your vehicle, and your driving record.
Here are some factors that affect car insurance premiums in Michigan:
• Age: Younger drivers tend to pay more for car insurance, because they’re seen as higher risk due to their inexperience.
• Driving record: Any blemishes, such as moving violations or at-fault accidents, can drive up your premium.
• Location: Urban areas tend to have higher rates, because of a greater frequency of accidents and higher theft and vandalism rates.
• Vehicle make & model: Sports cars and luxury vehicles may be costlier to insure due to their higher cost and likelihood of theft.
• Credit score: Michigan auto insurers can use your credit score as a factor in setting rates.
• Type of insurance coverage: The type of coverage you choose will play a huge role in your overall premium. Coverage types such as comprehensive and collision will cost more than one types like liability-only.
All these factors combined make it difficult to determine an average cost of car insurance in Michigan. However, the best way to find out is to get quotes from multiple insurers and compare. This way, you can get an idea of what the average monthly price is for the coverage you need.
You can use an online service like The Zebra to quickly compare quotes from many of the top car insurers in Michigan. The Zebra also gives you insights on the latest money-saving tips, discounts and more.
To get started, simply enter your ZIP code, answer a few questions, and get your car insurance quotes in just a few minutes.
To learn more about car insurance in Michigan, you can visit the Michigan Department of Insurance website.
We hope this helps. Good luck!