Star Health insurance covers you for a variety of medical expenses, including hospitalisation, doctor visits, surgical procedures, childbirth and illnesses. However, there are some medical expenses that are not covered by the policy.
Here’s what is not covered by Star Health insurance:
• Pre-existing diseases and neurological disorders.
• Inpatient services outside India.
• Cosmetic, plastic or reconstructive surgery.
• Alternative treatments such as naturopathy, yoga and ayurveda.
• Pregnancy-related complications.
• Vaccinations and preventive health checkups.
• Sterilization and fertility treatment.
• Health check-up charges are not covered.
• Contraceptive pills, devices or surgical procedures.
• Treatment of alcohol, drug addiction.
• Treatment and Admission charges for psychiatric, psychosomatic and mental ailments.
• Injury or illness sustained as a result of criminal activities.
You may refer to the policy brochure for more detailed and specific information about what is and isn’t covered under your Star Health insurance.
You can read more about Star Health insurance here: https://www.starhealth.in/health-insurance-plans