Comprehensive car insurance in the UK can vary greatly depending on a range of factors, including the type of car you drive, the age and experience of the driver, the area where you live, the level of cover, the excess you choose and your insurer.
Here are some ways to estimate the cost of comprehensive car insurance in the UK:
• Research different insurers: Compare policies and quotes from a range of providers to find the best deal for your circumstances. (You can use websites such as Go Compare or MoneySuperMarket to compare car insurance quotes.)
• Shop around for discounts: Take advantage of age and experience discounts, multi-car policy discounts and no-claims bonus discounts when available.
• Consider your coverage: Make sure the level of coverage you will receive is worth the amount you are paying for your policy. Higher levels of coverage may cost more, but it may be worth the extra cost if it provides more peace of mind.
• Consider your excess: Setting a higher voluntary excess can reduce the cost of your policy. However, it also means that you will have to pay more if you make a claim.
• Consider adding extras: Some extras may be worth the extra cost, such as windscreen cover, personal injury cover and breakdown cover.
It is impossible to give a definitive answer on how much comprehensive car insurance in the UK will cost, as each policy and set of circumstances will be different. However, by following the steps above you should be able to make an informed decision and find the right policy for you at the right price.