The waiting period for Star Health Insurance varies depending on the type of policy you choose. However, generally the waiting period is 30 days from the date of purchase of the policy.
The waiting period for Star Health Insurance varies based on the age and type of the policy you choose, such as senior citizens, family and individual health insurance policies, etc. Below are the types of waiting periods you can expect for each type of health insurance plan:
• Pre-existing diseases - In case your policy covers pre-existing illnesses, there will usually be a waiting period of at least 4 years from the date of purchase of the policy.
• Specific illnesses/ailments - There is a waiting period of at least 2 years for specified illnesses/ailments like cataract, hernia, kidney stone or joint replacement.
• Maternity cover - Some policies have a waiting period of at least 2 years for maternity cover.
• Personal Accident cover - Most policies have no waiting period for personal accident cover.
• Day Care Treatment - There is a waiting period of at least 1 year from the date of purchase of the policy for day care treatments.
Apart from the above, there are also some additional waiting period guidelines that may be applicable to certain treatments/procedures in some cases. So it is important to understand the terms and conditions of your policy carefully and ensure that you are fully aware of the waiting period applicable to the type of policy you are buying.
For more information, please refer to the official website of Star Health Insurance: https://www.starhealth.in/