The answer to this question isn't a simple yes or no. It really depends on your definition of "high maintenance." If you're talking about the cost of a Scorpio, then it can definitely be considered high maintenance. On the other hand, if you're talking about the amount of time and effort it takes to maintain a Scorpio vehicle, then it can be considered of average maintenance requirements.
If you examine cost:
• New Scorpio cars can cost upwards of $30,000 or more, depending on factors like luxury features, engine size, and trim.
• Parts and labor can be pricey for a Scorpio, due to its sophistication.
• Insurance costs may also be higher than average for a Scorpio vehicle.
If you examine effort & time:
• On average, a Scorpio car should be taken for a service check-up every 5,000 to 10,000 miles, or every 12 months, whichever comes first.
• The Scorpio may need more frequent oil changes and spark plug replacements than other vehicles.
• Regular maintenance can help prevent more serious issues from occurring.
Ultimately, the answer to this question really depends on your definition of "high maintenance." If you're considering the cost of a Scorpio car, then it could definitely be considered one of the higher-maintenance models in the market. But if you're looking at the effort and time required to maintain a Scorpio vehicle, then it's on par with most other cars.