When it comes to choosing the best medical insurance for parents visiting the US, there are several factors that need to be taken into consideration, such as coverage levels, premium cost, financial stability, customer service and claims processing. Here are a few tips to help you make an informed decision when choosing an insurance provider:
• Look for a provider that offers comprehensive coverage. Make sure the policy includes coverage for medical expenses, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and emergency transportation.
• Do some research to find out if the insurance company is financially stable and has a good track record of paying out claims.
• Look for a provider that offers customer service 24/7 and provides clear and easily understandable policy information.
• Compare the cost of premiums with the coverage levels offered to ensure you are getting the best deal for your budget.
• Consider whether the policy allows for coverage even if your parents travel outside of the US.
• See if the company has assistance programs such as Return of Premium or Accidental Death and Dismemberment, in case of an emergency.
• Look out for extra benefits such as access to doctors and follow-up care.
Here is a good resource from the US Department of Health and Human Services to help you find the best medical insurance for your parents: https://www.healthcare.gov/visitors-from-abroad/